Monday 1 October 2012

This is a picture of my aunt and uncle when they were younger. I used this picture to contrast the memoir because they look so sweet and innocent in the picture but the memoir puts a different spin on it. The memoir suggests that we might not be all good and that is probably true, to quote the song Quiet Crowd by Patrick Watson: “Everybody’s got a little wrong in all the right places”. This song resonates with me and inspired me to write the memoir because I think it is true, nobody can be good all of the time. Including the innocent kids in the picture.

1 comment:

  1. Alright JD, this is probably my favourite one of your memoirs...although, I do like the sparkler one a lot. We all want to believe we are generally good people. No one wants to admit they're bad...or at least they don't want to be bad...for the most part. This memoir sort of made me think...people almost need to constantly reassure themselves that they are good people. Ending this memoir with a question made me picture a person who's just done something bad but they're asking someone, anyone, if there is still good in them. It also sort of made me imagine a person saying this to themselves amid a crowd of people around them that they know nothing about. They just want to believe they are all good people. So Jordan Dyker, my question for you is, do you think we question our own personal goodness only when we do something we view as bad, or do we question our personal goodness simply to keep us in a positive mindset towards life and humanity?

    ...The word goodness probably didn't fit, but I'm going to keep it for now.

    P.S- Sorry my comment was so short, the next one will be longer. You need not worry.

    ReplyDelete